Monday 13 September 2010

What a bunch of Bankers

I’ve just been watching the latest NatWest advert; in it they bang on about how much they're listening to us and acting upon what we ask for--- Examples being: You wanted us to stay open, so we stayed open, you asked us to open on Saturdays so we open on Saturdays.

I've got one more for you load of blood sucking hyenas: We asked you to you pay the money you owe us back, SO PAY IT BACK NOW YOU GREAT PILE OF THIEVING VULTURES!
Now I don’t profess to be a banking expert and having seen the steaming pile of do-do they left on the countries doorstep, neither should they. But what I never heard after the government decided to reward their failure with our tax money is how they intend to pay it back.
Now this is where I feel that once again a system based on them and us has been erected. If I wanted to set up a loan and had found a way of prizing some of the money that was given to them on the understanding that they pay it out to those who need it from their thieving, grasping, grubby little hands, they would set a stupidly high interest rate, insist on a payment on the first of every month, and if I miss one single repayment then an internal machine would start grinding it’s unstoppable wheels which would culminate in them taking my house. Quite a difference from what they got for destroying the world’s economies and our jobs, futures and in far too many cases, lives. No, what they got was understanding, a continuation of business as normal, huge bonuses, eye watering cash hand outs and a watchdog that had had all its teeth taken out by that most elusive of creatures, an NHS dentist

So, what I think we should all do is this: We should wander into our respective banks and have a chat with whatever pimply faced adolescent has the ‘Loans Account Manager’ badge on that day and say this:

'Oy! Bloodsucker---Remember that loan I took out to pay the huge gas and electricity bill that was caused by your mismanagement of the economy? Well I've been thinking about it. I will pay it back, because unlike you I have a conscience. But I’m going to pay it back using the Whitehall method which put simply is this. Having given me the money, I’ll pay it back when I decide I can afford it. So the quicker you lot pay us back the money we paid you, then the sooner we can afford to pay you what we owe. At this point and as his jaw drops, you stand up, start to whistle and walk out of their lives with your head held high with their money in your pocket and not the other way around for a change.

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN---IT'S THE ONLY ANSWER

No comments:

Post a Comment