Wednesday 29 September 2010

Caution, Lorries Driving

I was driving through the rain sodden country lanes near where I live this morning; stuck behind fourteen cars, and a lorry. We were going along at a respectable 50mph so I didn't mind too much. But when we came to a hill that had the gradient of a semi flattened mole hill, the lorry automatically slowed down to a snail pace, making me and my fourteen other companions slow down with him. Quite naturally, me being the even thinking individual that I am, I felt a rant coming on.

I really don't see how, in a day and age that can produce cars (usually red and occupied by Jeremy Clarkson) that can reach top speeds bordering that of a space shuttle on re entry, that we can't fit a device into lorries that can sense the starting of a hill and set the engine on a more powerful ratio, thus giving the driver enough power to get up the hill and keep the traffic behind it moving at a speed that will see them and the lorry driver arriving at their respective destinations sometime that week. And not, as it is at present, have everyone’s speed reduced to that of an asthmatic grandfather on a push bike. I mean honestly, is it really beyond the brains and intellect of the boffins to create such a device?

So will someone at Huston please look into this so I don't have to spend any more time than is absolutely necessary behind overweight, MacDonald toting leviathans?
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment